Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Week 10 - Mindfulness


Mindfulness means focusing on the present moment.
Mindful eating is taking the time to stop and really focus on and enjoy your food.

I want to think of food more as sustenance, but eating for me has always been a source of gratification; it's a social activity; it's a reward.  It's a comfort to my thoughts and feelings.  It all comes into play where food is concerned.  I want a higher level of consciousness.  I want to continue to learn and have a greater understanding of how food affects my body.  I want to be aware and mindful with my choices.  

There is still no question in my mind that we each have the potential to achieve our goals by putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward.


We will Persevere. 
Losing weight is really hard to do, and many people fail many times before they succeed. I won't give up and don't you give up either.  Each day, commit to eating a little bit less, reducing our calorie intake. If we get off track, recommit the following day and just keep at it over time.

Last week I was in Washington state and Victoria, Canada.  As far as eating while on vacation, I did fair.  I still consumed too many high calorie beverages, but I tried to make really healthy food choices, choosing several seafood options and eating smaller portions. I enjoyed the occasional hot buttered roll.  I was also able to walk more than I do normally.   After returning home, my scale was exactly the same. Then two days after traveling home, my scale dropped another pound.    

Perhaps I could have consumed less calories while on vacation, but rather, I chose to indulge at times.  Without taking a backwards course, I am still committed to pursuing my weight loss goals.

Yesterday has passed and tomorrow has not yet arrived.  Today is what is important.  This moment in time.

Recommit, Decide.  No matter what, we are going to do this. Continue to pull your strategies together to prepare your path versus just going with the flow.  Refocusing on this decision will boost  motivation, trigger our imagination, and inspire us with new ideas.

The power of possibility.  Don't let time or resources dictate your choices. It is possible for me to walk 30 minutes each day.  Just do it.  Physical exertion always triggers a positive mental change for me. Exercise is the best medicine.  Don't sit so much.  While I'm on the phone, I can stand up and walk around. When watching TV, I can stand and pace during commercials. Instead of sitting at my makeup table, stand up. In general, I will strive to get on my feet every 30 minutes.
Take a look at what else you can do.

Envision. Have intention.  Mind over matter.  We can impact our life by what we believe is possible.  If you truly believe it is possible, you're half way there.  Never give up on what you want to achieve. "Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses. On your powers, instead of your problems." -- Paul J Meyer

Believe that you can.  The first person you have to convince is yourself.  When our choices demonstrate our commitments, we are able to access a deep well of confidence that is inside of us all.  Choose to face every event with a positive mental attitude.

Be proactive.  Tackle the unexpected twists and turns of life as they come, but don't let them impede on your focus.  "If you don't see, in your mind's eye, a picture of yourself winning - then you won't win; And not because you can't." -- Summer Sanders

Stay present to this moment.  Awareness itself will help us to consider what’s possible before aggravation can takeover and overturn our resolve.

"Put your heart, mind and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success".
Olympic National Park
- Swami Sivananda.
We attended the wedding of Hannah and Kyke Kutz

Lake Crescent, Olympic National Park
The Falls we hiked to.


Lake Crescent




Michele and Cathy in Victoria, Canada

The Empress Hotel, Victoria

Finn's Seafood Restaurant, Victoria

Finn's Seafood Restaurant

We visited Craigdarroch Castle, Victoria

We visited Butchart Gardens, Canada

  Butchart Gardens

 Butchart Gardens

Breakfast at the Victoria Regency Hotel


Seafood Nachos at Nautical Nellies Restaurant











No comments:

Post a Comment