Do you feel like the season has finally changed now?
I want to be outside, grilling and even entertaining. Here is some fun ideas for entertaining outdoors.
The key to great outdoor entertaining is making sure your guests feel just as comfortable as they would be indoors.
- Citronella candles are a must-have for warding off pests.
- Protect food by keeping it in covered containers or under a netted food dome.
- Find unique ways to serve food and beverages. Use baskets or flowerpots to hold snacks like pretzels and chips. For the buffet table, organize flatware in old-fashioned glass jars.
- Instead of hiding drinks in coolers, have them on show.
- Clean up your wheelbarrow, fill it with ice, and stock it with your favorite beverages. Or use a large tub made of tin or plastic.
- Look for unique items that you can transform into centerpieces or table decorations.
- Turn off any backyard spotlights and illuminate your party with your citronella candles, or add a little elegance by stringing lights in trees or on your patio.
- Create a more colorful setting by using fruit as part of your décor. Lemons and limes in a glass bowl or cylinder make an easy and vivid centerpiece.