This will be your new favorite rice recipe.
4 C. cooked rice or 1 cup uncooked rice
1 C. peas
2 Tbs. carrots, finely diced
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C. onion, diced
1 1/2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. soy sauce
- Cook rice following instructions on package (Bring 2 cups water to a boil, add rice and a dash of salt, reduce heat and simmer in covered saucepan for 20 minutes).
- Pour rice into a large bowl to let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Scramble the eggs in a small pan over medium heat.
Separate the scrambled chunks of egg into small pea-size bits while cooking.
- When rice has cooled to near room temperature, add peas, grated carrot, scrambled egg and diced onion to the bowl.
- Carefully toss all of the ingredients together.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium/high heat.
- When butter has completely melted, dump the bowl of rice and other ingredients into the pan and add soy sauce plus a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook rice for 6-8 minutes over heat, stirring often.