Boneless, skinless, chicken breast fillets are on sale this week, in a value pack for just $1.59 lb. - Feb 28 - March 6, 2018, at 6 Harter House locations. Check out our weekly ad flyer to see everything on sale this week.
This Queso Chicken Bake takes a few simple ingredients and blankets them with the rich and creamy cheesiness of queso for a quick and easy one pan meal that your whole family will love.
The whole thing takes only a few minutes to mix together, so it makes a perfect weeknight meal.
You can serve it over some rice and top it off with fresh diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and cool sour cream if you’re feeling fancy, but that moist chicken and creamy cheese is all you really need.
Queso Chicken Bake
1 hour, 15 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
4 boneless skinless chicken breast fillets from Harter House
1 jar (23 oz) salsa con queso
1 can (15 oz. ) black beans, drained
1 can (15 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
Sour cream, to garnish (optional)
Tomatoes, diced, to garnish (optional)
Cilantro, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Season both sides of chicken with taco seasoning and place in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, bell pepper, tomatoes and green chilies, and salsa con queso and stir until incorporated. Pour over chicken, spreading out with a rubber spatula if needed.
- Top with shredded cheese and cover dish with foil. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until sauce bubbles and chicken is cooked through, 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sour cream, tomatoes, and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Pinning Mama.