I've found that there is an enormous variety of topics that can stimulate great online conversations, but none elicit such excited and passionate responses as "cheese"!
You'll find everything you need at Harter House and World Flavors!
Here are several interesting ways to enjoy my favorite - goat cheese:
- Goat cheese and avocado sandwich.
- Mix goat cheese with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for a great salad dressing.
- Make a salad with butter lettuce, goat cheese and small cubes of fresh pineapple with a sweet Vidalia onion dressing.
- Asparagus lasagna with a goat cheese bechamel sauce.
- Make a savory goat cheese frosting for cupcakes.
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread and goat cheese brownies.
- Goat Cheese Truffles: Roll balls of goat cheese in different herbs and spices and serve with crackers
- Enchiladas filled with Sweet corn, green chilies, onion and goat cheese - spiced with cumin, garlic, chili powder & cilantro.
- Devils on Horseback: dates stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon.
- Goat cheese, Italian white beans, olive oil, fresh flat leaf parsley, sea salt, & cracked pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Blend goat cheese with the fruit curd of your choice; spread between two waffle cookies & freeze for an hour. Best ice cream sandwich ever.
- Phyllo dough spread with pesto, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts; rolled, sliced and then baked. YUM!
- Lamb chops topped with goat cheese, rosemary, and white wine sauce.
- Goat cheese, strawberries and mint pesto on pizza dough - grill it!
- Add goat cheese to sweet pea risotto and finish with fresh thyme.
- Stuff goat cheese under the skin of a chicken breast and bake in the oven.
- Top homemade pizza dough with olive oil, goat cheese, fresh thyme and caramelized onion; top with a sprinkle of good sea salt.
- Rosemary and goat cheese bread pudding.
- Boil a cut-up head of cauliflower. Drain and beat wit an electric beater. Add goat cheese, mayonnaise, butter salt & pepper.
- Goat cheese and scallion scones.
- Semi-hard goat cheese bechamel macaroni & cheese with shaved truffles (or morels) topped with crispy bacon.
- Mix goat cheese with colatura (anchovy sauce) and stuff into halved peppadew peppers; broil until cheese is lightly browned.
- Tomatoes, goat cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, pine nuts!