Have you ever made these cute little patriotic Jello shots?
Its easier than it looks, all you need is Jello, booze and some patience!
First, you need some sort of disposable cups. I’m sure you can find them at any party supply store.
What you’ll need;
(50) 1 oz plastic cups, or (25) 2 oz cups
Red & Blue layers:
3oz box of red Jello
3oz box of blue Jello
2 cups vodka ( I used Smirnoff Raspberry)
2 cups water
2/3 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup milk (I used fat free)
2/3 cup vanilla vodka (I used Absolut Vanilla)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons Knox powdered gelatin
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1. Blue layer; Heat 1 cup water, add blue Jello mix, stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup vodka, stir. NOTE; this recipe is pretty strong. If you want less intense Jello shots I would go with 1 1/4 cups water to 3/4 cups vodka. I wouldn’t make them any stronger though, because the gelatin in the jello needs the water to set the alcohol. Not enough water, and they might not set.
2. Distribute evenly into 50 1oz cups, filling only 1/3 full, then refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours.
3. Next is the white layer; this is the most difficult part of these tricolor shots! Place powdered gelatin and water in small bowl, let soak for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to “bloom”. In a medium saucepan, heat cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add gelatin and stir to dissolve. Add vanilla vodka. Let cool 10-15 minutes before topping blue layer.
4. Once blue layer is set and the white mixture has cooled, pour an equal amount of the white mixture on top of the blue. You’re almost there!
5. Finally the red layer; it is the same exact thing as the blue. Heat 1 cup water, add red Jello mix, stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup vodka, stir. Cool 5-10 minutes.
6. Once the white layer has set, and red mixture cooled, fill the cups the rest of the way until full. Refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours.
7. Enjoy some patriotic Jello shots!! =] Garnish with mini flags on toothpicks. Looks super cute, plus using the toothpick to release the Jello from the sides of the plastic cup makes it come out easily without breaking apart.
Plastic cups, vanilla vodka and powdered gelatin.
Mixing up the red layer!!
Blue and white layers set, ready for red!
Finished!! Serve on a party platter with mini American flags =]
You can see here I skimped on the white a little bit. If you get them as close to even as you can, you should have the perfect amount for 50 shots!
Everyone have fun and be safe this 4th of July!
Don’t drink too many jello shots =]