Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Week Twelve - Unstoppable

This was a good week!
I lost the 3 pound increase I had last week plus another half pound.  I am at 16.5 lbs down in 12 weeks (or 3 months.)

Isn't it funny how a good week vs. a bad week can sometimes depend completely on our food intake.
Which is another good reason to choose nutritious options.  It helps our attitude, mood, and overall self confidence.

I have said before that I will adopt the philosophy:
"I will not eat anything that isn't healthy, and beneficial to my overall health!"
I will eat to fuel my body.

To stay motivated I have thought a lot about WHY I want to lose weight.
I know health is at the top, but appearance is my best motivator.  I want to look good in my clothes.  I want to wear cute and fashionable outfits.  I want to look professional in my clothes.  And I don't want to be uncomfortable.
I want to be able to cross my legs while sitting.  (I can now)
I want to be able to bend over and paint my toenails.
And being able to wear my jeans!  I am fitting in my largest size jeans.  (I have more sizes to get into just waiting in my closet.)

Each time I see the scale go down (usually just a 1/2 pound) I have a feeling of accomplishment.

I have dieted my whole life and the bottom line (for me) is reducing my calorie intake.  Reducing Portion sizes.  Reducing the frequency of snacking. Remove completely the fried foods, desserts, sugars and all processed foods.

To stay really present I must write down what I am eating.  This isn't for the rest of my life.  It is for today!  It helps me measure my progress, I can identify my triggers and it does hold me more accountable.  I believe my weight gain last week was related to salt intake.  I was hungry and I ate a whole sleeve of Ritz crackers.  Bad choice, Shelly!

When I eat meals that includes a protein, a fat, and a low-card vegetable, I feel full much longer.
Also eating foods with more fiber is important.  This week I want to research recipes that incorporate high fiber foods.

I can always do better
I need more exercise.  (just walking)
I need more vegetables (fiber)
I need less alcohol.  (this week I had an amazing Orange Blossom Vesper Martini. I'll have to tell about that in a different blog.)

Lastly, look at the bright side.
I told my girlfriend this week to "Get over it".  Stop worrying.  It doesn't really matter.
Be grateful and count your blessings.  I also try to pass on my blessings. It feels really good to be able to give joy to someone else.
I want to laugh.  A good belly laugh burns calories too.  But it just makes us feel good.  And smile. Consciously remind yourself to smile.  Just that alone will put us in a better mood.  Be happy and spread joy.

Now let's reward ourselves with a new outfit, instead of a big fat meal.








No comments:

Post a Comment