Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Week Eleven - Handling Disappointment



Stay Positive!
I have been dieting, eating less, journaling my food, and seeing my scale go down, for a full 11 weeks now.  I was at 16 lbs. down last week.  This week I gained 3 pounds overnight! and I have not yet seen it drop back down.  Wow.  I was shocked because I felt like I was not changing "that much" in my routine.   Was it a delayed reaction from traveling recently?  Were my choices really that bad?  I guess they were.

Obviously, I have been letting old habits sneak back in.  In reality, I was not focusing.  I can't tell you what I was eating differently, because I was getting very lazy journaling my food choices.  I wasn't focusing on adding more activity, and most of all, I don't think I have been drinking enough water.  I KNOW that I have not been drinking enough water.  And then there is the vegetables.  The vegetables that I'm not eating.

So that's it.  I wasn't doing what I know I need to be doing.  The crazy thing is that I feel it ALL in my belly.  My belly was actually starting to feel flatter.  I've noticed in the past, and again this time, that as I lose weight, my stomach seems to go down first just under my breasts, and then slowly going down into my mid section and then finally my lower belly, at my hips.   It has been noticeable and I have been SO excited feeling the changes.

It's time to get excited again.
It's time to revisit what it is that I really want.
I will not give up.  "Winners never quit and quitters never win."

I know you've heard it said before, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." 
It's SO TRUE!  
I have already been feeling "thin", as I am experiencing my clothes fitting loser.  When I eat the right portion sizes, I leave the table feeling satisfied, not like I need to unbutton my pants. 

I am being told that a plateau is a part of weight loss. (I know that)  And that it is an important part of the weight-loss process.  Sometimes the scale isn’t moving simply because your body is adjusting to change.  Fat-loss never occurs in 30 days or anything magical. It’s a process.

Prevention.com reminds us to;
Stay Hydrated
Don't feel pressured to eat your entire plate
Go Meatless at least once a week
Eat Wholesome foods, eliminate processed foods
Cook at home
Use Smaller plates for portion control
Limit distractions during meals.
Curb your sweet tooth.
Eliminate refined cards - avoid breads, crackers, cereals, pasta, and baked goods.  Choose whole grains.
Limit alcohol - or cut it out completely. ~ (ya, I know)
Add Fiber - 25 grams per day in the form of 3 servings each of fruits and vegetables.
Start stepping - improve your health, boost your mood.
Get enough zzz's
Get intimate.  Getting it on more often can serve as an excellent cardio workout while boosting your mood and lowering stress.
Build a support network - a workout buddy.
Keep track of your progress. Every day, every week, every month.  Also write down your feelings, challenges, and setbacks.
Stock up on healthy snacks
Cathy and Michele - 2011
Focus on lean protein.
Consider high-intensity interval training
Meal Prep - Make a double batch for busy weeknights.
Avoid snacking at night
Sign up for a 5-K run/walk.
Eat a healthy breakfast every morning.
Combat stress.  meditate, walk, take a relaxing bath, listen to soothing music, exercise.
Bike to the office.
Don't sit still

"If you fall off the horse, get right back on it."

Remember, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."



1 comment:

  1. I admire you for making strides toward being healthy. I think it would be great if you would include HEALTHY recipes in your emails. This week alone you mentioned National cookie month, the cowboy cookie, a hamburger grilled cheeses, meatballs and gravy and pumpkin cheesecake!Why not have some great roasted or grilled butternut squash options? Talk about turkey, fish and chicken. As a lifetime member of WW I realize the importance of walking the walk, as well as talking the talk.

    ReplyDelete