Monday, September 23, 2019

Week Eight - Traveling and eating right


This week, I had comments from people that had not seen me in a while, and they asked if I had lost weight.  I am down 15 pounds in 8 weeks. As I mentioned before, my goal is to lose 60 pounds.  I am one quarter of the way there.  Amazing.  I do NOT want to stop the momentum.

Tomorrow, I am headed out of town for 8 days.
We will fly to Seattle and then we will be attending the wedding of one of my relatives.  After that, we plan to explore Victoria, British Columbia.

How does a person diet on vacation?
Should a person even try to follow a diet plan on vacation?

The answer is, "What do you want most of all?"

I have been successful and I have also been unsuccessful on vacations.
When I have given myself permission to splurge, I have had a harder time focusing upon returning home.

So, today, my plan is to continue making healthy choices and eating within my calorie range to the best of my ability.

I will have an opportunity to be more active, walking as we explore different areas.

It may be a little more difficult to eat in new restaurants, with new cuisines available.  And I don't want to deprive myself.  I will have an appetizer as a meal, or split a meal with someone.  I also know that I can ask to have something prepared differently, and restaurants are more accommodating than ever with special requests.  If I have to taste something, I can just have a bite from my mother's plate.
I will also eat VERY slow and really savor every bite.

If I can avoid alcohol, I will definitely make better food choices.  Certain situations just call out to me to enjoy a beverage along with a spectacular view.  This will really be my most difficult challenge.  Even before I leave town, I am on the fence, thinking "will I" or "won't I"?

 I will continue to drink my water.  I will FOCUS!   I will DECIDE ahead of time to skip the adult beverages.

I will make sure that I have a healthy snack available.  A piece of fruit, a protein bar or protein drink mix in case I am feeling hungry between meals.

Have you ever "hit the gym" at the hotel?  A lot of people do that, but I am not usually that person.  It IS an option to consider.  I will also have a girlfriend with me and she will always hit the gym on vacation.  She may influence me to go with her. 

I plan to make this vacation more about filling my days with activities rather than food. 
I have already made a lot of changes to my routines.
I can do this!
I am not going to stress about anything.  Just relax and enjoy the adventure.

And when I return, I will rejoice with another loss at the scale.

What do you want, most of all?








No comments:

Post a Comment