Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Week Six - Re-program Your Brain



A diet is saying yes to the skinny jeans 
by saying NO to the donuts.     

Blake Lewis and I danced in a flash mob
performance last Saturday at 
The City Market on Commercial.Street.
We will perform the same dance again
this Saturday, 
at The City Market on Commercial Street.
with 10 other couples, 
Sept 14, 2:45 pm, 
at
 Springfield CultureFest


This week I put on a pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear for a very long while. And also a top that did not pucker at the buttons.  Boy was that exciting.

As you can see from my picture, I am still quite thick in the mid section, but I AM losing inches around my waist, chest, and hips, slow but sure.

I have lost just 1 more pound in the last two weeks, for a total of 10.5 lbs.  I need to stay focused and not lose my way.

Phil McGraw said, "Successful weight loss takes programming, not willpower."  I agree.  Getting our head on straight is the most important factor in changing our habits.  We must have a clear vision of what we really want to accomplish.

"When it comes to ideals of beauty and body image, we are incredibly hard on ourselves.  We need to program our minds to believe that we are healthy, thin, and beautiful already.  Now we can go out and make healthy choices that will keep us beautiful.

Consciously.....
Stop eating mindlessly and start eating mindfully
Plan your meals in advance
Organize your kitchen
Eat more protein
Use smaller plates… and bowls
Serve yourself 20% less
Cut your food into small pieces
Eat with the wrong hand
Eat Slowly
Go for a Walk
Don't eat in front of the TV
Switch your snacks.  Even water and chewing gum can be an appetite suppressant. Choose 100 Calorie snack packs.
Keep a journal - Food, emotions, cravings, thoughts, etc.

We must use our conscious mind to reprogram our subconscious mind. THAT IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS. 


We need to re-focus on WHAT WE WANT, on our NEW desire, new behavior, and on our new CHOICES. Here we need a real REASON, a DESIRE which drives us to make different choices.
A WHY that is so much bigger than that piece of cake or processed junk food…….
  • Is it better health?
  • Is it being better looking?
  • Lighter? Sexier?
  • More mobility?
  • More energy?
  • More confidence?
  • WHY do you want to lose weight?
  • In what way will your life be different after you achieve your desired weight? 


Are you aware that only 10% of your day is governed by your conscious mind? That means 90% of your daily choices and behavior come from the stories, or the neural pathways already carved in your brain, making choices FAST.

Our job is to create the new programming that will manipulate our choices when will-power runs out. To do that, we use the power of our imagination.


VISUALIZE
YOU CAN Live the life of your dreams NOW. 
You can see it. 
You can CONSCIOUSLY start taking steps to turn that vision into your new reality.
You can visualize yourself being a smaller size, feeling elegant and attractive.  Go ahead and visualize that you are rich as well.  And we should remember always that we truly are rich in Love, friendship, intelligence, etc.  The things we can't put a price tag on.

Imagine how you FEEL buying new clothes. FEEL how they touch your healthy elegant body. 

Tell yourself positive affirmations.
I nourish my body with healthy food.
I enjoy going for daily walks to help my body become strong, fit, and healthy.  
I LOVE my body.
I am strong.  I am powerful.  My arms are not flabby, they enable me to achieve my goals.
I am strong in mind and body.
I am living a healthy lifestyle which enables me to…………..OR so I can………..

To reprogram you MUST
  • See these affirmations regularly.
  • Post these affirmations on Post-it notes around the house, in the car, OR
  • Set these messages as daily reminders in your phone.
  • Read it and FEEL IT.
Repetition is the key to creating new neural pathways so when you go to make a decision around food or exercise, your subconscious programming will start to take over, helping you move forward to a successful outcome!!





No comments:

Post a Comment