Monday, June 26, 2023

Shrimp Scampi with Linguini

 

Do you ever think of recipes as a guideline?

I wanted Shrimp Scampi. 
I had the shrimp but was missing some other ingredients.
I used spaghetti instead of linguini.
I used chicken broth instead of white wine.  Imagine me not having wine.  But, I guess it happens.
I did not have shallots so I used diced onion.
I did not have garlic on hand. Another unbelievable occurrence. So I used garlic powder.
And I did not have a lemon, but I did have a squeeze lemon juice.
And I did not have parsley on hand.

All this to say that it was still wonderful.

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. Linguini or spaghetti
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
pinch red pepper flakes, optional
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves


DIRECTIONS

Cook Pasta al dente, as directed on the package

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive over medium-high heat.  Saute shallots, garlic red pepper flakes, until the shallots are translucent, 3-4 minutes.  Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add them to the pan until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.  Remove the shrimp from the pan and keep warm.  Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.  Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil.  When butter is melted, return the shrimp to the pan with the parsley and cooked pasta.  Stir well and season with salt and pepper.  Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment