Zucchini bread is awesome, there’s no denying that…but lemon zucchini bread?? It’s unbelievably good. This fruitier, sweeter, denser loaf makes a pretty perfect addition to any brunch or dessert buffet.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 (6 oz.) container lemon Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated, drained and squeezed dry
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat together sugar and canola oil, then mix in eggs and Greek yogurt.
- Once eggs are fully incorporated, mix in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Gradually fold in dry ingredients until incorporated, then gently fold in grated zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan, then place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the glaze: whisk lemon juice into powdered sugar until smooth, stirring in lemon zest, if desired.
- Once cake has fully cooled, pour glaze over cake and let set until hardened.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.