What's for dinner?
Here are 21 quick and easy, budget-friendly Velveeta Cheese recipes.
Mac and Cheesy Cheese
Some ideas are ways to quickly “jazz” up a pre-packaged product for a homemade taste that’s great.
Velveeta Cheese is a staple in most homes and has been since the early 1900’s when it was first made. Its velvety smooth texture and ability to melt well make it a great addition to many recipes and its long shelf like means no waste due to spoilage.
Try some of these delicious Velveeta Cheese recipes and quickly see how adding in some Velveeta Cheese can create rich and creamy yumminess! Ah … the comforts of comfort food.
Velveeta Cheese Recipes – Appetizers:
2. Sausage Dip – Brown a pack of Italian sausage, drain. Add 1 can well drained Rotel tomatoes and 1/2 package Velveeta Cheese. A great twist with a different flavor. This is thicker and great served with Scoops or Fritos.
3. Chili Cheese Dip – Add cubed Velveeta Cheese to a can of Chili and microwave until melted and hot. Stirring occasionally. Serve with Tortilla Chips or Frito Scoops.
4. Fruit & Cheese Poppers – Simply cube it up and incorporate it on a cheese tray with other cheese selections and fruit. Or a fun idea is to cube the cheese and place a grape on top and stick it with a toothpick to hold in place. Guests can grab and pop in their mouth. No need for serving utensils.
Velveeta Cheese Recipes – Main Meals:
Rotisserie Chicken (de-boned & chopped) or you can you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chilies (do not completely drain). Or, if you do NOT like things with a little “kick” you can substitute regular diced tomatoes.
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Lb Box of Velveeta Cheese Cubed
⅓ cup of Milk
¾ Box of Spaghetti or Penne Pasta
¾ ~ Stick of Real Butter
1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
1 Chopped Jalapeno (you can leave this out if you want a more mild dish, or substitute with red or green bell pepper).
1 Medium onion chopped
Cook spaghetti or penne pasta according to directions on box.
Melt butter, sauté bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and onion
Add Velveeta Cheese and Rotel Tomatoes, soup and milk, to sautéed bell pepper, japaleno (optional) and onion mixture. Mix thoroughly over medium heat.
Add pasta and mix together.
Last, add the chopped chicken and give it one last mix. The cheese does not need to completely melt as it will do so in the oven.
Pour Rotel chicken spaghetti into casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
To add extra kick to your Velveeta Rotel Chicken Spaghetti, you can also a small dash of Zatarain’s Liquid Crab Boil. Be careful as it does add kick. I hope you enjoy this Velveeta Rotel Chicken Spaghetti recipe. It’s great served with some cornbread and a green salad. This is one of those absolutely yummy comfort food dishes. Bon Appetit.
6. Mac and Cheesy Cheese – Jazz up a boxed mac and cheese by adding a bit of Velveeta Cheese for an instant taste of home made. Through in some Parmesan cheese or other cheese you have on hand for an even more “gourmet” taste. Place it in a casserole dish, top with a little more Velveeta is you like and then bake at 350 degrees for a few minutes until the cheese is melted, a bit browned and bubbly.
7. Beefy Salsa Mac – Make a boxed mac and cheese as directed. Add some ground beef and add a cup or so of salsa or a drained can of Rotel Tomatoes.
8. Fiesta Scrambled Eggs – Mix 8 – 10 eggs with a large tablespoon of sour cream (instead of milk). Add 1 can well drained Rotel Tomatoes and approximately 1 to 1-1/2 cups Velveeta Cheese cubes. Vary amount based on number of eggs. I use 2 eggs per person. Cook scrambled eggs as usual and stir occasionally until cheese is melted. A delicious twist on scrambled eggs.
9. Cheesy Broccoli Potato – Add Velveeta Cheese and some steamed broccoli to a baked potato for a quick meal.
10. Cheesy Potato – Same as above but without the broccoli.
11. Grilled Cheese – Just butter up some bread and place a slice of Velveeta Cheese (from the boxed variety not the sliced singles) in between and grill it up.
12. Hot Dogs & Crescent Rolls – Take a pack of Crescent Rolls and roll them out and carefully break apart as indicated. Place 1 hotdog and a narrow slice of Velveeta Cheese in each and roll shut, pinching slightly to seal. Bake as directed on package.
13. Velveeta Cheese Fondue – Melt Velveeta Cheese in fondue pot. Can also added some fresh grated Parmesan cheese or other cheeses you may have on hand. Stir until melted. Season as desired. Serve with cubed up French Bread and slices of Granny Smith apples (tart goes great with the cheese).
Cheese. You can place in the oven for a quick melt or even microwave for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
16. Stuffed Cheese Burger – Top a grilled burger with a bit or stuff the burger with a cube or two. If stuffing, be sure to seal the edges really well so it stays inside the burger and doesn’t ooze out. You can also add a slice to any sandwich for some cheesy goodness.
17. Broccoli Cheese Soup – Cook 2 packages broccoli florets with 2 15 oz. cans of chicken broth until tender. Puree with a hand blender and then add 8-12 oz. Cubed Velveeta Cheese. Stir until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. OR, you can simply use a broccoli soup starter mix and cook as directed and added the cubed Velveeta at the end and stir on low until melted. Super easy.
18. Potato Cheese Soup – Can prepare like Broccoli Cheese Soup (above), replacing the broccoli with the potato.
Velveeta Cheese Recipes – Sides:
Pepper to a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and you will forever change the way you eat corn bread. These are great and can be served with any one of these meal ideas.
20. Broccoli Rice Casserole – Make a package of Uncle Ben’s or Lipton’s Broccoli Cheddar Rice as Directed. Add 2 cups steamed and chopped broccoli and 1 to 1-1/2 cups cubed Velveeta Cheese. Stir all together and place in a baking dish and heat at 350 degrees just till hot and bubbly approximately 20 minutes orcan also add a sautéed onion if you’d like.
21. Broccoli with Cheese Sauce – Simply melt the Velveeta in the microwave and pour over or toss the prepared steamed broccoli.
Living (Frugal) Tips