Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Weight Loss and Nakato's-Inspired Stir-fried Chicken and Vegetables

I read in a Monday Motivation, "If something doesn't change, nothing will change."

I also saw the message, "If you don't make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness. Read that again."

On Friday, August 28, 2020, I decided I had to focus on my health and diet AGAIN.
In looking back at the last time I actually recorded my weight, since January 15th this year, I had gained 22 pounds.  I felt it.  Again, my clothes aren't fitting and I don't feel good in clothes that are fitting.

Last year I documented my weight loss journey and blogged about it weekly.  I had some good information in those blogs.  They were titled:


If you're interested I think there is some good motivation in these blogs.  I recently reread them and I remember feeling like my weight was coming off quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, I am focusing on drinking my water.  I'm striving for 100 ounces.
I hired a personal trainer for 2 days a week.  He is making me send him pictures of everything that I am eating, including my beverages.
And most days I am tracking the calories, trying to stay at about 1300 for the day.
On the days I don't work out, I am supposed to walk 30 - 45 minutes.

I am also searching online for healthy recipe ideas. I hope to share some of those healthy meals.
Basically, I am striving to add lots of vegetables into my meals.

One of my favorite dinners has been this Stir-Fried Chicken and Vegetables.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 oz Chicken breast
Broccoli
Carrots
Mushrooms
Onions
Zucchini

Spicy Yummy Yummy Sauce

1 Tablespoon Real Mayonnaise (Hellman's)
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
2 Tablespoons Milk (2%)


I thought I was making a LOT of vegetables, but they definitely cooked down.  Or perhaps I overcooked them.  I started with about 2 cups of vegetables.  Next time I may double that.  And I was only cooking for ONE person, me.

My fitness Pal added this entire meal at 516 Calories.  

Take away - fill up on vegetables!

PS, As of Sept 15. 2020, I am down 9 lbs.
It really does come off fast when you stick to a low calorie diet, incorporating healthy, real food, and skip the alcohol.



No comments:

Post a Comment