Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Red Eye Cures

On Sunday, I had to take a 9 PM flight from California back to Missouri, with an unfortunate layover in Georgia (I will never forgive you Delta).  Needless to say, when I arrived at noon on Monday I felt less like myself, and more like Keith Richards by way of Jim Morrison with a little Mr. Magoo thrown in for good measure.  I was a mess.  This did get me thinking, what do we have at Harter House that could help cure my slew of icky symptoms?

1.  Orange Juice

Vitamin C has been shown to help fight infections like the common cold and have high antioxidants, especially beneficial after sitting next to a random group of people for 12 hours that might or might not wash their hands.

2.  Coffee

Caffeine is the greatest drug known to man.  Yes, it does have its downside, to much can help increase blood pressure, but in the right dose it can help especially keeping you awake after being trapped in a floating tube for a day and a half.

3.  Sports Drinks

You are dehydrated.  The higher elevation has caused your body to release it's liquid content and their is only one way to get it back:  Water.  To get extra electrolytes try a sports drink like Powerade or Gatorade.  And after you are properly hydrated, curse Delta for creating the most labyrithine trip known to man.

These are only a few of the tips to get over a long flight.  If you have more, feel free to add comments below.  And I'm just giving Delta a hard time.  Although the flight was over-long, their staff was very friendly and helpful, their planes were clean, and the flights were very smooth and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment